Tuesday, May 16, 2017

As of 3:07pm AST on Monday, May 15th, I officially graduated from Acadia University with my Bachelor of Education! I'm a certified teacher!! My dream, that I have had since I was in grade 8, has come true.

I watched the online convocation starting at 1:30am until it ended around 4am. I clapped as my friends crossed the stage and smiled big at their accomplishments. I even took a few photos. I teared up while my heart pounded like crazy. I also laughed at some speeches.

I am amazed, although I shouldn't be. My fellow graduates and I worked hard to get to where we are. Being a teacher requires you to use your mind, body, and heart; therefore making it very exhausting, but also so extremely rewarding. I would argue that teaching is the most important and most rewarding profession. I can't wait to be a part of what happens next! I'm ready to continue to help our future leaders grow. I'm ready to change the world with them.

My high school graduation ring (2011) is now safely stored away and my new Acadia (2011-2015-2017) grad ring has taken it's place. It feels so surreal. My nails have been freshly painted a bright Acadia red.

This weekend, all of us Acadia teachers in China will go out to dinner and KTV (karaoke) to celebrate!


Because I am sentimental, here are some of my favourite teacher quotes:

"A teacher is like a candle - they consume themself to light the way for others".

"You always stand taller when you kneel to help a child".

"The best teachers teach from the heart not from the book".

"If you can read this, thank a teacher. Ef yoo kan rid ths yoo prbll at a teecha".




Be smart and make mistakes,
                                     Ms. C



No comments:

Post a Comment